Are you in search of a small and lovely pet that is easy to maintain and extremely sociable; then your best option is to opt for Chinchillas? Chinchillas are great pets for all pet lovers. They are easy to care for and have a personality of their own. They are also great pets for households with kids because they are extremely clean, cheap, friendly, and loveable creatures.
Why choose chinchillas as a pet?
- They Have a Long Lifespan: One beautiful fact about this amazing pet is that they are capable of living up 15 years and even 20 years in some instances. This implies that you can create a long-lasting relationship with your pets.
- Great for working parents: If you don’t have all the time to take care of your pet, then you need to adopt a chinchilla which requires low maintenance. They range from crepuscular to nocturnal, which implies that they sleep during the day and are active at night. This means that you can head to work, knowing that your furry friend is resting happily in her hut.
- Chinchillas Are Affectionate and sociable: Although these pets do not love been cuddles, they make amazing pets. They are sociable and extremely curious. It is vital to let them out of their cage at least once in a day.
- Require low maintenance diet: Chinchillas do not need complex food. However, it is vital to stick to their dietary needs. They are herbivorous animals that feed on high fiber, low sugar, and a low-fat diet.
- Chinchillas are fast: Chinchillas are very skittish animals because they are prey species. They love to jump, climb, and even run, and they don’t like been restrained. They also have a unique personality to build relationships with other pets around them.
- Chinchillas Are Trainable: With a lot of patience, you can get your chinchillas to learn how to use the potty. It is good to start when they are young and build a strong bond with them as they grow. Chinchillas that are sternly bonded with their owner tend to be more receptive and sociable than those who aren’t. These pets are lovely and sociable, but you must teach them how to be comfortable.
- They bath themselves in dust: This might sound surprising, but the fact remains that unlike other pets, chinchillas bath themselves in dust instead of water because water tends to strip off the natural oils from their dense fur. However, taking their bath in dust helps to keep their coat silky smooth at all times. It also helps them alleviate stress. To keep your Chinchillas looking clean, it is recommended that you bath them at least twice in a week using an all-natural dust bath.
Chinchillas enjoy living in colonies; therefore if you considering getting a chinchilla, you may also want to consider buying at least two so that your furry friend does not get bored.